Master Grower Job Description
Opportunity and Job Overview
Pagosa Verde (dba: Spring Born Inc) has an opportunity for a skilled, motivated, and knowledgeable individual with experience in commercial-scale greenhouse growing and all facets of hydroponic production. We are seeking a Master Grower to join our team to lead day-to-day greenhouse growing operations and FSMA safety requirements.
- Master of Science preferred. OR Bachelor of Science with more than 5 years growing experience and at least 2 years commercial growing experience in a lead position. Experience in hydroponics, aquaponics, and conventional soil growing.
- Experience in commercial-scale greenhouse agri-business. Willingness to work full time in rural Colorado. Site compatibility a key factor.
- Familiarity with greenhouse automation, willingness to learn new automation system.
- Knowledge of chemical-free Integrated Pest Management, plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options.
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of a greenhouse.
- Team player with organizational, leadership and communication skills.
- Self-motivation, accountability, proactive behavior, and strong attention to detail.
- Local and veteran preference.
- Administration of growing operations in commercial multi-zone 2.5 acre greenhouse with computer-controlled climate systems.
- Manage all hydroponic growing systems including IPM, fertigation and nutrient systems.
- Responsible for product quality.
- Oversee all growers who have contact with plants. Leadership. Determine staffing needs. Support recruiting and hiring process.
- Oversee and manage ongoing FSMA safety trainings, participate in safety inspections.
- Participate in periodic staff reviews.
- Participate in regular meetings with staff to review operations, strategic goals and policies.
About Pagosa Verde
Pagosa Verde (dba: Spring Born Inc) builds and operates projects integrating renewable energy systems and sustainable agriculture to create economic benefit for landowners, communities, and investors. We use low to moderate temperature water from geothermal reservoirs to heat greenhouses for sustainable year-round growing. Our vision for combining renewable energy with sustainable agriculture grew out of a passionate recognition of the need for more locally grown and nutritious food in Colorado; our concerns over the enormous amount of water, fuel and other natural resources being used to grow it; and our commitment to create economic benefit for rural Colorado.
Send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please! Thanks.