Opportunity and Job Overview
Pagosa Verde has an opportunity for an entrepreneurial, motivated, and knowledgeable individual
with experience in greenhouse operations and production. We are seeking a Production Manager to join our team to lead the strategic direction and day-to-day multi-faceted facility operations.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, related field, or equivalent professional experience in logistics in agri-business. Masters Degree preferred.
- Experience in commercial produce markets. Willingness to work full time in rural Colorado. Site compatibility a key factor.
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of a 2.5 acre greenhouse.
- Team player with organizational, leadership and communication skills.
- Accountability, proactive behavior, self motivation, and strong attention to detail.
- Local and veteran preference.
- Administration of commercial multi-zone greenhouse production and computer controlled climate systems.
- Oversee and direct the entire greenhouse staff, from growers to shipping.
- Determine staffing needs and support recruiting and hiring process.
- Workforce leadership, determination of staffing needs, support recruiting and hiring process.
- Conduct regular meetings with staff to review operations, strategic goals, policies.
- Participate in and conduct period staff reviews.
- Oversee supply chains and inventory of materials for uninterrupted greenhouse growing, packaging and shipping.
About Pagosa Verde
Pagosa Verde (dba: Spring Born Inc) builds and operates projects integrating renewable energy systems and sustainable agriculture to create economic benefit for landowners, communities, and investors. We use low to moderate temperature water from geothermal reservoirs to heat greenhouses for sustainable year round growing. Our vision for combining renewable energy with sustainable agriculture grew out of a passionate recognition of the need for more locally grown and nutritious food in Colorado; our concerns over the enormous amount of water, fuel and other natural resources being used to grow it; and our commitment to create economic benefit for rural Colorado.
Send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. No calls please! Thanks.