Opportunity and Job Overview
Pagosa Verde has an immediate opportunity for an entrepreneurial, motivated, and knowledgeable individual
with experience in hydroponic greenhouse operations and production. We are seeking a Consultant to join our team and consult during the construction phase of a 2.5 acre automated greenhouse.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, related field, or equivalent professional experience in logistics in agri-business. Masters Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with commercial scale hydroponic growing.
- Willingness to start immediately. Consult on site or remotely with planning team during construction phase.
- Team player with organizational, leadership and communication skills.
- Accountability, proactive behavior, self motivation, and strong attention to detail.
- Local and veteran preference.
- Willingness to begin consultation immediately.
- Consultation about commercial multi-zone greenhouse production.
- Confirm supplies needed – seeds, growing media, chemical-free IPM, packaging, shipping.
- Workforce leadership, determination of staffing needs, support recruiting and hiring process.
- Eventual regular meetings with staff to review operations, strategic goals, policies. Eventual staff reviews.
- Eventual oversight of supply chains and inventory of materials for uninterrupted greenhouse growing, packaging and shipping.
About Pagosa Verde
Pagosa Verde (dba: Spring Born Inc) builds and operates projects integrating renewable energy systems and sustainable agriculture to create economic benefit for landowners, communities, and investors. We use low to moderate temperature water from geothermal reservoirs to heat greenhouses for sustainable year round growing. Our vision for combining renewable energy with sustainable agriculture grew out of a passionate recognition of the need for more locally grown and nutritious food in Colorado; our concerns over the enormous amount of water, fuel and other natural resources being used to grow it; and our commitment to create economic benefit for rural Colorado.
Send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please! Thanks.